Dr. Kiez has worked in Emergency Medicine for 25 years but also practiced in a family medicine group in Toronto for ten years, from 1999-2009. She has recently branched out into complementary and alternative medicine, including therapeutic touch, meditation, EFT, and guided imagery. She was first inspired by the new and emerging field of mind-body medicine after attending a Spirituality in Medicine conference, the first of its kind in the Western world, at Harvard Medical School in Boston, in 1994. She used Herbert Benson’s meditation tapes in her unique study on Headache Treatment in the Emergency Room, while a professor at Tuft’s University New England Medical Center.
Dr. Kiez has developed her own personal tool for delving deeper into the mind-body paradigm, something she calls “intuitive imagery”. It is a safe, non-invasaive method for identifying issues at every level of mind, body, and spirit, which can ultimately impinge on the whole person. In this way, her practice envelopes the true concept of holistic medicine.
- B.Sc. (Honours) in Biology: Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario (1978-1982)
- M.D.: McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario (1982-1985)
- CCFP(EM): Residency in family medicine and emergency medicine at Ottawa Civic Hospital, Ottawa, Ontario (1985-1988)
- Emergency Medicine Physician: Ottawa Civic Hospital, Ottawa, Ontario (1988-1989)
- Emergency Medicine Physician: Sudbury General Hospital (1989-1990)
- Emergency Medicine Physician and Assistant Professor: Tuft’s University at New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts; Newton-Wellesley Hospital, Newton, Massachusetts; University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Emergency Department (1990-1996)
- Emergency Medicine Physician and Assistant Professor: University of Manitoba and Winnipeg General Hospital, Winnipeg, Manitoba; Residency Director, Canadian College of Family Physicians Emergency Medicine Residency Program, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg (1996-1999)
- Emergency Medicine Physician: York Central Hospital, Richmond Hill, Ontario; Branson Division of North York General Hospital, Toronto, Ontario (1999-present)
- Family Medicine Practitioner: Guestville Family Medicine Clinic, Toronto (1999-2009)